Red Raccoon Gameologist
Red Raccoon’s Gameologists are widely-renown as the foremost experts in all things board game. (Just ask them — they will tell you.) It’s a select group and we’re looking for our next member.
Being a Gameologist might seem like it is all fun and games. And it mostly is. Some of the time. But there’s real work that goes into this gig and it’s important you understand what being a Gameologist really means:
The Job Description
A Gameologist provides exceptional and efficient customer services to patrons throughout the store. Customers look to Red Raccoon Gameologists for information on the tabletop gaming industry, including popular titles and product lines. A Gameologist needs to possess a passion for tabletop games from every genre. Other abilities required of a potential Gameologist include the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, patience with every type of customer, and operating a point of sale system.
The Gameologist job with Red Raccoon Games does come with several mental and physical requirements. Some job requirements include basic mathematical skills, organizational and alphabetizing skills, and the ability to lift and handle merchandise of varying weights, up to 50 lbs. Gameologists also spend a lot of time cleaning to make sure the store looks fabulous for customers – on average, 3 hours of cleaning for every shift. Mopping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, polishing glass – everything has to be sparkling for the next day. It’s not sexy, but it must get done. We don’t want to be one of those stereotypical game stores.
Red Raccoon Games does not shy away from entry-level job applicants; however, we do prefer workers with past retail experience. To contrast a lack of history in sales and retail, inexperienced Gameologist job applicants must know about the tabletop game entertainment and the terminology involved with the industry.
Fun Legal Bits
1. All Red Raccoon Games employees are responsible for working with cash and products. Our customers come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. We take the security of our store, our customers, and all of our employees very seriously. For that reason, we run criminal background checks on all potential employees.
2. According to federal law, all individuals who are hired must, as a condition of employment, produce certain documentation to verify their identity and U.S. citizen status, or, if aliens, their legal authorization to work in the U.S. Therefore, I realize that any offer of employment would be contingent upon my ability to produce the required documentation within the time period required by law.
3. I certify that the facts contained in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any false statements, omission, or misrepresentation on this application is sufficient cause for refusal to hire, or dismissal if I have been employed, no matter when discovered by management.
4. I authorize this company to thoroughly investigate all statements contained in my application, or resume, and I authorize my former employers and references to disclose information regarding my former employment, character and general reputation to this company without giving me any and all claims, demands or liabilities arising out of or related to such investigation or disclosure.
5. I understand and agree that if I am hired, my employment will be ‘at will’ and without fixed term, and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice, at the option of myself or employer. No promises regarding employment have been made to me, and I understand that no such promise or guarantee is binding upon this company unless made in writing.
6. I understand that filling out this form does not indicate that there is a position open and does not obligate this company to hire. If hired, I agree to abide by this companies’ work rules, policies and procedures and they retain the right to revise policies or procedures, in whole or part, at any time.
7. I certify that information contained in this application is true and complete. I understand that false information may be grounds for not hiring me or for immediate termination of employment at any point in the future if I am hired. I authorize the verification of any or all information listed above.
Think you have what it takes?
Then quit screwing around and apply!